Saturday 13 November 2010

Celebrity News

Chipmunk Lost In The Industry

The 'Oopsy Daisy' rapper, Chipmunk revealed after finding success, how lost he felt in the music industry.

The rapper decided to release his new single 'Flying High', without any airplay.

Chipmunk told the Daily Star newspaper: "There was no build-up, no airplay. The day you heard it was the day you could buy it. Yes, it was a risk, but it was a risk I wanted to take because taking risks was what got me where I am in the first place.

"I wanted to have fun again because I'd been feeling a little jaded. After 'Oopsy Daisy' got to number one, things moved so fast and I started to feel like I was losing the reason I got into music in the first place.

He continued, "I felt like the industry was gobbling me up. It stopped being about the tunes and was about being stuck in record industry offices. Now I've taken a break, I feel like a young lion again."

No comments: