Tuesday 23 November 2010

Celebrity News

Nicki Minaj Disappointed By The Look Of America

U.S rapper Nicki Minaj has admitted she was disappointed at the appearance of America when she moved to the U.S as a child.

In a MTV documentary, My Time Now, the rapper revealed she was raised by her late grandmother for two years before her parents came to New York City.

"A lot of times, when you're from the islands, your parents leave and then send for you because it's easier when they have established themselves; when they have a place to stay, when they have a job. I thought it was gonna be for a few days, it turned into two years without my mother," she explained.

"I thought [America] was gonna be like a castle. Like white picket fence, like a fairy tale. I got off the plane and it was cold. I remember the smell. I could always remember the smell when I got out of the airport of the snow, and I had never seen snow."

She added : "I remember the house. I remember that the furniture wasn't put down. It was, like, piled up on each other, and I didn't understand why, 'cause I thought it was gonna look like a big castle."

MTV's My Time Now will air in U.S on November 28.

No comments: