Thursday 25 November 2010

Celebrity News

Jessie J Wants Her Music To "Heal The World"


British singer Jessie J told BBC Newsbeat that she wants to "get respect" without being "another girl who sings on a well-known rapper's song".

"I wanted it to represent me, being 22-year-old women in the music industry today. The album has got rock, I rap, there are pop ballads, there's reggae... 'Do It Like A Dude' is like a club track.

"I suppose I wanted to take a risk and break the box a little bit. A true artist should be versatile. Some people might hate me, some people might love me.

"I will make mistakes, I will contradict myself, I will sing out of tune, I will mime sometimes because I have to, I will get sick, I will cancel shows - I'm human, I'm not a robot. That's what I want this album to say - I have flaws and I'm happy to expose them."
'Rain' is Lil Wayne-inspired."

She continued,: "My mum and dad have both devoted their lives to saving other peoples' lives and I want to do [the] same.

"I want my music to save peoples' lives. And I won't stop. It sounds clichéd, but I want to heal the world."

No comments: