Thursday 18 November 2010

Celebrity News

Eminem Speaks Out About His Drug Addiction

Eminem explained in a recent interview with Rolling Stone about checking into rehab after becoming addicted to prescription medication.

"I was taking so many pills that I wasn't even taking them to get high anymore. I was taking them to get normal... I want to say in a day I could consume anywhere from 40 to 60 Valium. And Vicodin? Maybe 20, 30," the rapper revealed.

"My everyday regimen would be, wake up in the morning and take an extra strength Vicodin... and it'd be Vicodin throughout the day. Then, as the evening crept up... I'd start with a Valium or two, or three, or four. And every hour on the hour, I'd pop four or five more. The Ambien would put me over the top to go to sleep."

The 'Not Afraid' rapper compared his addiction to that of Michael Jackson, who died in June 2009 after an overdose of Propofol.

He added: "Toward the end, I don't think the s**t would put me to sleep for more than two hours. It's very similar to what I've read about Michael. I don't know exactly what he was doing, but I read that he kept getting up in the middle of the night, asking for more. That's what I was doing."

No comments: