Friday 12 November 2010

Music News

Plan B's Third LP A Hip Hop Album



Plan B is feeling very insecure about the release of his third album.

Plan B told the Metro newspaper: "They'll probably hate it. I'll probably drop back into obscurity again and everyone will think I was a one-hit wonder. People who are fans of good music will like my hip hop record but how the whole Plan B thing went crazy this year, I don't think they'll go crazy like that over the next album. I might release it for free. I'm not doing a long campaign like I did for this one."

The underground rapper-turned-singer achieved mainstream success this year with his number one album 'The Defamation Of Strickland Banks'.

Plan B explained to Metro about his hip hop return:

"I'm not going to water down my hip hop. I'm not going to do what radio want. That's selling out.
I want to swear and talk about f**ked up s**t. If I want to talk about something radio won't play, why should that stop my creativity?"

He continued, "Hip hop can be so vivid. As soon as I take out the swear words and go from something dark to going on about partying and drinking champagne it'll be the same as all the other s**t out there. That's not poetry. I'll do different types of music on a major label and put out my hip hop independently."

No comments: