Wednesday 5 January 2011

Celebrity News

Alicia Keys Dedicates Single To Son

U.S singer Alicia Keys has dedicated her latest single 'Speechless' to her newborn son.

In a behind-the-scenes clip of the making of the song's video, which features rapper Eve, Keys said: "I haven't really put any songs out since my son was born, and so, to be able to write this song that talks about him and how he makes me speechless...the poet in me has gone away because I don't even know what to say when I look at him!"

"So we had Eve in the studio, she throws down a verse and we put it together."

Discussing the track, Eve added: "When I first came out you couldn't do that. The format was totally different. You put out a single, you set it up and then you waited eight weeks."

Keys continued: "To put something out that shows what you feel and what you're going through at the moment that you're going through it, and let the world hear it, that's like music."

No word yet on the release date for the single.

No comments: